Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

DanGero, this last argument is bullshit from start to finish.

Apparently wanting to emulate Mario Party and Pokémon now gives you the right to engage in piracy?
Apparently it wasn't too much effort to dig up all these pirated assets in the first place, but it's asking too much to fix the issue?
Apparently games like Manamon suck because VG Storm had the decency not to just rip off the pokemon aesthetic in its music and sounds?
Apparently asking a game to stop pirating its source of inspiration is a slap in the face?

You have got to be kidding me.

This game, if it had had its own music and sounds from the get-go, could have been huge. It could have worked the same way Manamon did, by borrowing heavily from source material while being its own thing with music and sounds, and by putting wrinkles into what came before just enough to carve out its own niche. It could even have made Pragma money, as I know some people would gladly have bought the thing if had been sold at a decent price. For the record, it's totally cool with me that Pragma releases it for free, since charging money for it would be a serious problem in the game's current state. Instead, you're trying to suggest that the game lives and dies by its pirated assets. That's the biggest slap in the face of all. Pragma deserves credit not for borrowing a bunch of sounds he had no right to, and using them, but instead by coding and implementing hundreds of mini-games and battles, and constantly updating his product to be better and better. He deserves no credit for using other people's assets in a slavish attempt to emulate a certain feel, but he deserves all the credit in the world for having created two games in one that people seem to greatly enjoy. To suggest that the project lives or dies by its pirated assets is terribly insulting.

I can't express to you how much your stance disappoints me. If you truly think that the game requires pirated assets in order for people to 1. know the overall source and 2. to enjoy the games and battles, you have a very unsubstantiated opinion regarding Crazy Party's appeal. Just to speak for myself here, I can tell you that I did not and would not play the game because of its sounds; in point of fact, I find many of the sounds in the card battle section annoying - seriously, the little sound made at the end of every turn grates my nerves - and most of the battle tracks are...well, not among my personal choices, let's just say that, so I often turn the music down. I'm sure some people love the pirate retro aesthetic, and that's cool I suppose, but I doubt they keep coming back for more primarily because Pragma is using pirated assets. In short, they aren't essential to his game, and while they do add a certain flavour, they also come at the cost of making his game a hell of illegality.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector