Re: Crazy party sound sourcing

Here's a challenge for any of you thinking that the big companies don't care.

Is anyone brave enough to reach out to Nintendo to tell them about Crazy Party, and to divulge just how many assets have been used in its creation?

Because if you're not, it implies that you believe that Nintendo will, in fact, object. This will quickly put the lie to your conviction.

So I'm throwing down the gauntlet here. I'd like to see one of you touting the "big companies don't care" rhetoric go and try to contact Nintendo about Crazy Party, in the spirit of informing said company, who doesn't care anyway, that an independent developer has created a free game for no commercial gain whatsoever which happens to be using hundreds of copyrighted assets. If it's really as easy as you say, and as harmless as you believe, this endeavour should be entirely risk-free, right?

I'd be brave enough to do it, and can if you folks wish, but I think it really ought to come from someone who is convinced that no harm will come of it. I...am not nearly so convinced, though, so perhaps this little experiment will be enough to give you folks some pause, and some cause for concern.

Okay, Americranian, the only reason I'm waving a general caution flag - remember, I didn't put my mod hat on for that - is essentially to say "Whoa, let's not cause fights". I saw the potential for there to start being attacks thrown, both from Alireza (whose accusations I find amusing) and you yourself (since your defense of me, I believe it was you anyway, was both fierce and perhaps a little overdone). No one is in any trouble, it wasn't done officially; take it as one user saying to a bunch of others, "Hey, let's not let this get out of hand", that's all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector