Re: icecast and accessible source clients?

Socheat wrote:

Can I play the files from the folder instead of a playlist? If I can, could anyone give me an example code?

hi, my code on post 6 plays files from a directory and all subfolders. I have changed the reload times because 600 seconds can get the thing to reload the folder every 10 minutes but it will repeat many things over and over, so its better to put something like 24 hours, or 86400 seconds.
I will change this code soon because I want a jingle or some sound to play just before I go live and also when I finish the live stream, and want to also do it without restarting the liquidsoap server, and will share my progress, but feel free to use the one I have in post 6. It assumes you have songs in the directory home/YourUser/music
if you need to change that then change the line like this:
music1 = playlist.safe(reload=86400,"path/to/songs/folder")

and that's it.
playlist.safe is a command that tells liquidsoap that the files will be there no matter what, and  music1 is sort of a variable we assign to the first pseudo playlist because we will need to use it later to tell liquidsoap that it is a feed called radio, that will  be going to an icecast output. Hope that last bit made sense!
also, the mount = can be changed to whatever (remember to respect quotation) and that will be the end of your URL
like, if your mount is snoring, then your stream URL will be
http://my.radio.net:8000/snoring