Re: Sonus GDE 2.3.1

Hopefully noone's going to shoot me for resurrecting... I just figured the topic has a higher likelyhood of being noticed by the developer or someone who might know what they're doing.

I've been experimenting with Sonus again in advance of an upcoming Livestream, and I want to make a small game to get to grips with the basics. The problem I'm running into is that I have no idea how the for loop command works. Aaron's posts make references to a loop tutorial existing, but I don't see one on the page. What I want to achieve is the most classic idea of a for loop, when the game starts, in the initialisation object after loading all the sounds I want to create a bunch of items. So what the loop would be doing is create an item and increase a counter until it reaches a certain number, and when it does I just want it to move on.

From what I managed with just experimentation, the for loop has 3 modes, either looping through every object, or through a local or global variable with a field to add one, but I don't know what to do after that. I don't see any obvious place where I can set to what value I want the loop to continue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector