Re: some discussions about cp

Yes. Quite simply, because there are just too many manipulation cards. Even cards that manipulate your own cards but are offensive, like floral ray, get blocked by it.

The trouble is that parry cards are incredibly niche, so significantly reducing their power will cause the opposite effect, they'll rarely get used. This already happens with stuff like honorable compensation.

Immunity cards I don't mind too much. They are annoying, yes, but remember that there's at least no full immunity anymore. Flying used to just be flat out immune to ground. It's really hard to actually kill a flying person with ground attacks (it's certainly not impossible, but I just plain wouldn't recommend it, but at least you can cripple their success if they have no immunity cards.

There's a couple solutions I can think of, off the top of my head. I think I already posted them elsewhere though. One of them is to split up manipulation cards into ones that manipulate your own cards, and ones that manipulate your opponent's cards.
You could also give each natural mistrust in your discard pile a -1 power on offensive launched attacks as a passive effect. So the more of those parry cards you used and the more you multiply them, the more taxing it's going to be.
Or, give cards like that a -1 on success for about 8 turns, so that way it's less likely that the card works if someone tries repeatedly to push through it.