Re: The Synthizer Thread

We now have:

A basic C API. Example here.  This is fragile; in particular there's at least one concurrency related thing that I haven't found yet, which seems to be causing rare crashes/freezes.  If you want to try it synthizer.h is the functions, synthizer_constants.h is the constants, and synthizer_properties.h is a DSL that shows you what the properties on various things are.

CI infrastructure for Windows.  Build status is here.

And finally, build artifacts.  This is way too early for an official release to be worth doing yet, but every CI build on Appveyor gives you a zip file containing the most recent versions of the public headers and 64-bit versions of the library in all combinations of debug/release static/dynamic named as synthizer[d]_[static].lib and synthizer[d]_[static].dll (so dynamic release is synthizer.lib/synthizer.dll).

I'll work out 32-bit artifacts eventually.  The library works on 32-bit machines if you build it, but it's not so trivial to make Appveyor do both without putting in more time than I want to put in at the moment.

All of this is literally so untested that I haven't even tried playing more than one source yet, to be clear; while playing more than one source is interesting, being able to give things to people is also interesting, especially when giving things to you now just means committing something and doing git push.  After I write python bindings, hopefully this weekend but we'll see, I'm going to put together some sort of testbed where you can walk around with playing sources.  That'll knock a lot of the obvious bugs out.  But be warned: here there be incredibly alpha-quality software.

The one notable limitation is that we only support wav as well.  That's going to be changing, probably in the order mp3, flac, ogg as I have time.  There's also obvious necessary improvements needed to the HRTF if you start playing with elevation.  But like with not having tested things thoroughly, HRTF working, Python bindings, etc. are higher priority than other audio types at the moment.