Re: do you wreckon this has ever happened?

@3
I suspect the problem that brought this up is that PureBasic does have bugs, by virtue of being a niche, commercial, barely-maintained language with less people using it than the aforementioned niche microcontroller C compilers.

BGT does too I believe, because AngellScript has even less users than PureBasic.

But I haven't used either enough to be able to quickly link examples.

I'd put money on Rust having had more users pre-1.0 than PureBasic and AngelScript combined, and really Rust is  only just now barely mainstream.  People are your coverage.  No users means bugs.  So does a captive audience, like the aforementioned niche C compilers--if they don't fix it, what are you going to do, literally throw out the multi-million dollar airplane?  And yes, multi-million dollar airplane hardware is the sort of places bugs in programming languages would show up, as terrifying as that is; you have both a captive audience and an extremely low number of users.  Look up info on the computers in the 737 Max, which are custom 16-bit things from the 1990s.  Airplanes are reliable because we test them to hell and back, unless you're the 737 max, not that a programming language bug is what took that out in this case.  Still, I'd put money on Boeing having some interesting e-mails with hardware vendors that they hope the public never, ever sees.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector