Where to place program's files on Linux

Hi folks,
I have perhaps simple question for those of you on Linux. The thing is, I have developed an application. It's almost complete, and works just like expected, great.
But now, I'm not sure, where should individual files of the app go on computer different than mine?
My app contains:
* One executable, the main binary file
* one .so library, which must be distributed with the program, it can't be installed from repository as a dependency
* One configuration file, which is read and saved on every program's start and end
* A Sounds folder, which contains program's sounds
* One help file with documentation

On Windows, this would be easy, program with library and resources would go to c:\program files\myApp, configuration to %appdata%/MyApp and the installer would just create icons to launch it.
I guess it's easy on Linux too, i just don't know the right folders. I noticed that binaries are stored in /usr/bin, but I highly doubt putting libraries and Sounds there as well would be a good idea, so i'm asking, to do it in the right way.

My primary target system is Ubuntu / Debian, in case it was important.

Thanks!

Best regards

Rastislav