Re: Your thoughts on VS Code

I'll also add to this thread another command I am quite fond of which is "focus on outline view", which I bound to ctr+shift+O. it's my favorite way of navigating around a large complex file, espcially since IndentNav doesn't work. Also jump to matching bracket is really useful (ctrl+shift+\).

multi-cursor editing can also be super powerful and I often switch to vs code to make use of it even if I am working on a project where I primarily use IntelliJ as an IDE. Only thing I hate about multi-cursor editing is I haven't figured out a reliable accessible way to cancel the multiple cursors. If you can use mouse then clicking somewhere will cancel them, but clicking with a screen reader isn't very reliable and I would get into situations where I thought I cancelled the additional cursors, but havent and later find I f*cked up the whole file and need to git restore and start over... which is when I do use the feature I always open a new blank document, do edits there, cut out my text and close that new editor without saving and paste the edits into original editor.

@15 interesting. I have never used vs code's git integration. I have been so used  to git on command line, particularly on WSL, that I always felt  a GUI would slow me down. and I am not just a casual git user. I use stash, rebase, bisect and so on. I always read diffs for PRs just using git diff command and haven't personally felt like I have trouble when I need to chek specific files or revisions.

and using git on command line I always felt more power and flexibility under my fingertips. for example chaining multiple operations together with && especially pulls, pushes, stashes since those take long and if I know what I want to do after it is done I don't want to wait to perform the next action.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : francipvb via Audiogames-reflector