Re: General fighting game banter

There werent too many stages in marvel vs 2. I guess another reason why I like that soundtrack so much is because I can just throw it on and listen to it for the heck of it. I remember reading stories of some kid's dad looking at him funny because he was bumping his killer instincts soundtrack. If I decided I was gonna throw on a street fighter or donkey kong country soundtrack at some non game related social event, people would probably look at me funny too. However, marvel 2's soundtrack has enough to stand on it's own if some jazz ensemble decides they want to throw it in as one of the songs they're performing, and no one would be none the wiser. Someone could be like wow this song has some sick rhythm and really intricate notation! What is this? And I would be like o this is from the marvel vs capcom 2 fighting game series. Then that person would be like get out of here! This is video game music? It sounds so good! And I would be like yeah,, absolutely!

Everything I said can be applied to the streets of rage soundtracks. Do you know that people were actually requesting that the composers of that soundtrack come to their clubs and DJ for them. I feel like if we have to always restrict ourselves to familiar character themes, then people will become tired of the thousands of remixes available. I know I'm already burnt out on Ryan's theme lol. It's good, but you can only hear it so many times in so many ways before it becomes tiresome. Video game music composers should have some freedom to Express their creativity from time to time so things don't become monotonous.

Here is an actual live performance of the streets of rage soundtrack as it would be in a dance club