Re: Prometheus back online!

Okay I gave the game a try. The soundpack worked, though I do seem to be getting the odd error, but I'm afraid I'm still finding a lot that is confusing.
I did debris salvaging and that was relatively straight forward, however when I took a package delivery, I was told to go northeast out of sector 3. I jump to sector 3, only to find that my ship can't fly in one direction without some component I'm not high enough level for.
So, I sit there and hit 9 a number of times like a mad german, whilst not noticing my coordinates change at all (indeed the coordinates out of sectors seem a bit confusing).
Whenever I try to look up upgrades or shops, I'm told "you don't have a hypernet browser", and when I type help "hypernet browserr", I get nothing.

speaking of ships, I can't even get the coordinates thing to work. since when I type move 0 0 0 I just get a ponk.

Finally, I give up on package delivery and decide to try combat, and (as the game said), do the training mission, because it's listed as one of the things I can do at status 1.

I go to the training mission, scan the x-lor ships, and keep trying to fire, however they keep blasting me, I lock onto them, and whenever I try to shoot I'm told "out of laser range" even when they are listed as having a distance of 1.
Indeed, when this said "training mission", I was expecting some sort of tutorial, not just to get shot at.

I quit the game after a good while of getting blasted and not being able to fire back, because I suspect my character is about to die, and I don't know why.

This is exactly what I mean about confusing newbie experience, heck, even trying to find out what to do as a newbie I only got by the activity requirements list. Indeed, I wonder if I need a better ship, or better weapons or something for combat (though again I do not know because the game just does not tell me.

this game really! needs something in the manner of a more serious tutorial about how to get started, and what you need for certain activities, particularly because whilst the help files on each individual thing are informative enough, they don't really tell you much in general terms.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector