Re: HomePod, more treasure than trashcan

Agreed with @Connor. Given my integration in different tech ecosystems, I can't personally justify the (I think) $300 price tag. If I wanted good sound, I could get the Sonos One, or the Echo Studio. I believe both are priced similarly ($170 to $200) and they both come with the Alexa voice assistant service that I already use regularly along with my Spotify subscription. Would Airplay work? Sure, but if I can get an easier experience for cheaper, than I'll get that instead. I don't really mind about how the setup looks, so that's not a contributing factor for me.
With that being said, your opinion is obviously welcome and credit's given where credit's due to Apple though I'm not too sure what other devices can offer 3D positioning like Homepod can. I heard something about the Echo Studio, but that may be slightly different.