linux distro that is light on resources but accessible?

Hey guys. I have an old dell machine from about 2006 laying around with a single core pentium 4 processor. While it can technically run windows 7, it struggles a little, and loading times aren't quite what i'd like. I was wondering if there are any accessible distrobutions of linux that are very light on resources, but of course, accessible? Any suggestions would be helpful. Something tells me that ubuntu is not as light as it was a few years back, and i don't know how accessible arch is. Thanks for any feedback.