Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

Hi,
So I read through pretty much all of this, and I admit when I started reading, I feared this would degenerate due to the sensative subject matter.  It didn't though, thank goodness.
As many have already said,I think we all need to take time to reflect and step back every so often.  Sometimes, we don't, bottle everything up and explode.  Sadly as much as people tell you this, it doesn't always sink in until it's too late and you've screwed up something, be it a relationship with somebody you care about, or any number of things.  It's how we deal with that which is important.  We either take responsability that we have a problem and figure out how not to repeat it, or we blame others for our problems and push more and more people away.  Growing up is a huge part of this.  I fucked up majorly when I was a teenager and messed arguably one of the best friendship/relationships of my life because I was too immature to realise that I was causing a problem and not dealing with it.  Now I don't recognise that person and can know for a fact that I'm far better at dealing with things and stopping myself from responding angrily to most things, despite a situation that happened last year which destroyed me mentally I had every right to be furious about.  Instead, I figured out that I needed help and spoke to those I knew I could count on to be honest with me.  If I fucked up, I wanted to know and for them not to pull any punches with sympathy.  I didn't though, which oddly enough didn't help.  Anyway, that's a whole nother topic and evidently I still need to get something out as evidenced by this.  tongue One thing I've always loved about this community is that yes there can be some trolling and shitposting going about like any forum, but the fact that more often than not people will help each other out is wonderful.  Let's be honest, we're all going through a pretty crappy time right now, so no doubt there are people in worse situations than others.  So if you're getting heated or angry reading something, step back, and take some perspective.  Play a game, listen to some music made with kitchen appliances; thanks for that gem Nocturnus, and try to stay positive.
I realise this might have been a bit of a ramble.  But I love a good ramble.  and puns.  anybody else love puns?  smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector