Re: soundStrider: Exploration game and relaxation tool

@shiftBacktick, I'd be interested to know what quests were included in the full version, also nice to know that what I could see on screen wasn't my limited vision, since I noticed the wave effect, colours and weird bars, but assume I was missing other details, (I have not been able to play mainstream graphical games since the 16 bit era due to my level of vision not coping with high levels of graphics and detail).

For internationalisation, there are probably people here who could help with translations into other languages, considering that I doubt the game will have much text, and personally i actually like the idea of you being instructed to walk to different beacons, especially if they could have evocative, proceduraly generated names when created which would fit with the audio landscape,
EG, go to beacon green zebra, or beacon peace magnet, or beacon mathematical rock. Incremental score in terms of number of beacons found might even add to people's general relaxation too.

Alternatively however, you could simply use a predefined set of distinguishable beacon sounds for beacons 1-5, then have the player's objectives given with reference to those sounds by using a single identifyable quest given sound, say a harp cord or bell or the like.

I'd be interested to know what quests are in the full version, and to hear some of the differences.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drg via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drg via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rico via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Robokop via Audiogames-reflector