Re: Alter Aeon June 2020 Update

I confess that I am no longer quite as excited about AA's events.

Christmas, in particular, has started to feel really samey over the last few years. And the summer events usually seem to cater more to higher levels and especially groups.

Obviously, it's really, really difficult to appropriately balance stuff so that chars of all levels can experience it. I recognize that this is not easy. But the fact that we're more than half a decade into this practice and low levels still routinely find mobs that do high-damage bashes, leaps, backstabs and spells, not to mention the really dangerous and potentially lethal traps in some of these areas...well, I find it troubling.

I am not attempting to discourage anyone from enjoying these events, but I'm also not convinced that all levels actually get similar results.

I think my favourite was the 2015 puzzlewood, where I had a necro-mage char at level 32 who was able to solo those mobs. I had to watch my HP and all, but it was still doable...not so much anymore.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Shadowfax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gisco_tn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Shadowfax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector