Re: Gardening, Foraging, Basket Weaving and More!

@Jade I know the rationale behind the slower levelling, however for practical purposes it's something that always gets me in Rpgs. You start as a nebie and go "wow! this is so cool, I'm getting all this cool stuff", indeed in many games I've had to slow down my own rate as a newbie just to explore enough.
Then suddenly you hit this huge great hump and bing! your taking ages to get any new abilities/spells and working the same old areas.

Erionn might not have fast progression but it's consistant. Oh and yes, I notice aardwolf is the same in terms of requirements, though equally with aardwolf the remorts can be a killer, where as erion doesn't have remorting.

In terms of the newbie experience with Erion, I'll say that this time I missed the old university, which not only introduced you to bits of the game one at a time, but also gave you the chance to explore an area, find some secrets and get some levels and gear.

the tutorial shows you basic things like item manipulation, then your suddenly  in Hillock hills. There are some newbie missions there, like exploring all of hillock hills or the missions to go to  like tombstone park, but no hints as to what to try when or whom to go to, and of course there are a lot of other important parts of the game like locked doors and keys,houses, autoquests, Sigils, runes, crystals, the monster collosseum, and now crafting as well that might need a wee bit of explanation, as well as some ideas to point new players at different bits of the game specifically.

Btw, another thing I'd love to see in Erion, are rewards for exploring all the rooms of a given zone, or some sort of notification. that you'd done that, since I always like the exploration part of muds. There are a few missions that require you to go to every room of an area, but aside from those it'd be nice if there was an auto notification somehow, even for areas like hlua orphanage.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lml5280 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector