Re: unexpected token bgt runtime error, how to solve

@61
Being flagged as a virus on most people's machines isn't enough for you?

Having tutorials that teach things in the worst possible manner.

Not having *any* resources outside this forum and one .chm file to learn it.

No libraries for anything of any sort of quality because they're all written by new programmers.

No HTTPS, consequently no secure updates or the ability to safely process credit cards.

Broken audio file streaming.

Weird keyboard handling that doesn't respect key remapping.

A parser that can't give you syntax errors worth anything where people have written extra scripts to make up for it.

having pygame and accessible_output2 which, even quite apart from Lucia, can do everything it does.  Or sdl and tolk, which can do everything it does as well.  Or insert-a-language-here's libraries for exactly the same stuff.

Anyone who has any level of experience with programming avoids BGT like the plague for all of the above reasons and then some.  To list a couple more, no package manager and the C FFI is basically insufficient to talk to anything truly complex.  At the end of the day BGT just isn't suitable if you already know how to program, and this forum has gone through the "Man, I wish I hadn't learned BGT first, I've had to unlearn everything it taught me" cycle numerous times, as well as the "You're in a real language now, stop asking us and spend 30 seconds on Google, because you can actually do it now" discussions.  BGT is a dead end.  You'll get so far with it, which isn't really very far at all, and then be unable to go further without a massive amount of effort or leaving it all together.

I gave up on this battle a long time ago.  But you asked.