Re: password managers

MyDearWatson wrote:

The best one is the 1 which you already have in your pocket. Did you know that Google provides a password manager. It's available everywhere if you use the Chrome browser. Very accessible too. On...

Yeah, those are safe alright. Safe in the hands of Alphabet's data buyers.
Google Passwords=bust
ICloud Keychain=bust
Brave's password manager=definite maybe depending on the site, but still doesn't replace a dedicated password manager.
I am using the one that Rocky Waters created, the one that was community-stress-tested. As risky as rolling your own crypto is, this seems to do the job well. Though a weakness is a lack of first-letter navigation (pygame limitations perhaps) and the inability to save your passwords file in an obscure folder with a different filename. Back on Windows XP I used that exact strategy with Anypassword, storing the passwords file in a folder you wouldn't bother to look, and renaming it. You also have no Windows Hello fingerprint support, or u2f for that matter.
For that reason, I'm thinking Bitwarden is next on the list, but not until I've purchased a u2f security key. That's the only way I'm trusting a cloud pwm, and Bitwarden's premium pan has support for exactly that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector