Re: Android app and game development getting started

I don't know much about mobile app development, but I've been meaning to try React Native. I wonder how easy it would be to spin up an app using built components and the command line. I read that you would have to have an installation of Android Studio for Android apps, and obviously XCode for iOS apps. I'm not sure how much setup, if any, would have to be done on the GUI side of Android Studio or if having the toolchain there is enough.
Of course, this would just be for non-gaming apps, but something worth trying I guess. Maybe there's some RN libraries to handle sound. Wouldn't know how advanced it would be though.