Re: Accessible Coffee Preparation

@18

Which model are you using? Also, what are the features of the machine that I should be looking for from an accessibility perspective?

I basically wanted to know in general whether the steps to preparing an espresso are accessible or not. Based on some research and videos that I've watched, it generally involves the following:

1. Fill the tank with water. Preheating the machine so that water is at the right temperature. I gather that having a machine that has an electrical thermostat that is able to do this for you would be useful
2. Grind beans and tamp them, it sounds like this is a way of pressing it down into the brew basket? Then insert the brew basket
3. Pull the shot, running water through the beans into a cup. I've seen guides on using the colour of the water coming out as a way of knowing when to stop the process so this part sounds inaccessible. But I've also seen that you can stop the process after a preset amount of time and weighing the amount of coffee to know how much was made.

Do any of these steps cause any difficulty accessibility wise?

Regarding frothing, is the frother a separate machine that you just pour milk in and it froths it for you?

Finally, I've also heard that it could get messy. I've not used an espresso machine before but it sounds like coffee / beans could go all over the place somehow and create a mess in the kitchen if not done right?