Re: Sudden, temporary unexplained hearing loss

I've had this happen lots of times! The earliest I remember having it was in 2006. I was on the couch, and I think I was sleeping on my right side, and I had listened to an audiobook a few hours before. The next day, I woke up to hear this weird tinnitus sound that reminded me of a buggy telephone line, like a square or triangle wave of 120 Hz. Certain sounds sounded tinny, as if I were wearing cochlear implants or something. It went away in about three days. Also, any frequency that was sympathetically resonant to the tinnitus sound I heard gave me an odd sensation, as if I were going to lose my balance.
I did hear at some point that our ears have an acoustic reflex ducking mechanism, which audiologists can test for to see how that's going. You can read about it here. https://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/t … pathology. I also talked quite a bit about it in my memoir, since having progressive bilateral hearing loss has always been the epicentre of my life.