creating text adventures

Hello.
I decided to give text adventure makers another try. I tried twine. The only thing regarding this though that i could find was quest. I can kind of create things but when i run my adventure it ends up beeing really inaccessible and complicated to play. The builder isn't this great either and also it seams like it is not possible to compile stuff made with quest. I also found twine how ever this one seams to be more gamebook related and also it sais i should doubleclick a passage to edit it how ever i don't have a mouse and if i just press enter nothing happens. Does any one know a good solution for these things?