Re: help regarding youtube dl

You could have actually just googled youtube-dl, although I google youtube-dl on github, to get to the page. Navigate by heading a few times and you'll see their readme.md, which in this repo serves as the all-purpose documentation for all options as well as the installation instructions, if you're on Windows you can download an exe file from a link there as well. You do need command line experience, and you'll wanna put it somewhere in your path that's easily writeable, so don't stick it in Windows. I would just put a folder on the root of your c drive (I call mine utils) add that to your path and put whatever command line binaries you need in there. If you want to do audio conversion, you'll need FFmpeg, which you can find Windows binaries for so you don't have to build it yourself. I would request the stable builds if I were you, and make sure for youtube-dl to request the static linking, that'll produce .exe files that it can call on the command line, it doesn't interface with the raw dll's like libavcodec, libavformat etc. Put those in your path alongside youtube-dl. You can also have a folder somewhere that you dedicate to youtube-dl and only do stuff in this folder and subfolders, in which case you don't need to add it to your path, but you'll want the FFmpeg binaries in there as well. At least ffmpeg and ffprobe. I'm familiar with most of the youtube-dl options you'll need, so if after reading the documentation you're really confused, just post back here with what you want to do.