Re: The quickest way to build maps in bgt?

Because that's not how packfiles work.
To answer your question OP: There is a function, I think it is like script_compiled or something of that nature, check the help files.
For map creation, asuming they would be dynamic? Just use loops to quickly lay down tiles and hazards and whatnot.
If you can come back to us with a more specific set of questions I'd happy to go into more detail, but as of right now I'm not quite sure what you need.