Re: don't forget to drink more water than soda/sugary drinks.

the best thing my mother did for me when I was but a wee lad?  Give me water!  Water water water!  I hated the stuff!  Hated it!  then, two things happened:
1.  when I was 5 she started buying purified water thinking I'd drink that over tap water which, nowadays is the most disgusting thing you can drink and which I encourage you stay away from.  In fact, I'd say that you're better off drinking soda than you are tap water.  Anyway, it worked!  I liked it and hated tap water from that moment on.
2.  When I was 6 I went to Austin, the capital of Texas.  All of their water back then came from the Edwards Aquifer.  Today, lake Travis and the Colorado river contain high amounts of algae, making most of the city's water something I wouldn't consider drinking.  Back then though, the water was so good that I set my standards more or less by it.
My point is that All water tastes different.  Many people will disagree, but as someone who has spent a lot of time, some 30 years in fact, drinking water, I can honestly say it is true.  Some companies that sell bottled water will flat out sell you drinking water they've spent a ton of time industrially purifying, while other water, if you can find it, still comes from natural springs and the like.  Mineral tastes different when compared to Distilled, and both taste different when compared to different sources of tap water around the world.  Bottom line?  Drink safe water.  Distilled water may seem like the best because it is the purest, but if your diet doesn't contain enough vitamins and minerals you won't truly get any benefit from drinking it.  On the other hand, mineral water is not necessary if you have a wel;-balanced diet.  Spring water is only good if you can know when you purchase it that the spring it came from has no pollutants or the company you purchased it from treated it well.  the trick is to find water that is both clean and actually tastes good in the process.  My wife can't drink it at room temperature; she says it tastes disgusting but will not refuse it cold.  I'm perfectly fine with it either way; I actually find I drink more when it's room temp than when it's cold and I prefer it that way because vocals.  I am, however, convinced that without water as a regular part of my day I'd be a lot worse of than I am now.