Monthly Chat July 2020!

Well, its after 10 AM here and I saw nobody did it, so I thought I'd start the new discussion!

So, this is an eventful month, what with the back to school rush, and me going into form 3, which is pretty important, because I'll have to write my 1ST Caribbeanwide exam. I'll also have to choose what I want to study, for upper school. We're also thinking of going on a family vacation since our last vacation was in 2014, and even though we were away from home, it still wasn't quite ideal. My mum and stepdad's birthdays are this month, so it will also clash with their Bdays. We may go in a beachhouse for a couple days, and cook food and just unwind, and not have to worry about some random person coming in the store yelling, "Toya!" So it'll be fun.

I'm also looking more into python, purebasic and even Pascal. The latter seems to be pretty easy to learn. I'm trying to get resources for the former latter, and well you know google is basically married to python.

In some more grim news, yesterday the Black Lives matter riots came to Trinidad. Stores and shops in the capital had to close their doors before noon. There was apparently a shoot out with police and a pregnant girl was also killed in the bachinaal. It was sparked after police killed 3 black men, however I believe the police were also black. So I don't know what the whole rabble was about. They're justifying George Floyd, but at the end of the day George floyd was in the states. And its not like the cops did what the men did to George. I think the men were resisting and threatened to shoot and the police defended theirselves. In the last topic I remember someone saying that the protesters in the states were criminals and thieves? I more believe that for the rioters here. They straight up shot a bullet into a random building and robbed a truck carrying bread from the factory. Lord I hope this is all over and done with.

Eitherways, on some lighter more positive news Trinidad's economy has been fully reopened, with the minor acception of the border. I bloody hope they keep it closed! At the end of the day we're an island. The only how we can get the virus at this point is if they let in outside influences, which, is how all our 124 cases were recorded. And out of that about 60 of them were on the same ship, and the rest were on scattered cruise ships. The government has taken the decision to quarintine citizens on the ships, because according to some estimates there are about 300K Trinidadians abroad, and we just don't have the capacity to quarintine all of them so the ship is the best option. However people on the ships are threatening to jump off and kill themselves because its stressful. I can understand to an extenet what they're saying, but they also have to understand that the government is taking this very seriously. We can't afford a major break out which will put a straine on the health industry. So, prevention is always better than cure.
Wow. This has been a pretty long post. I hope you guys are well and happy.

Cheers.