Re: Why do so many people use Sendspace and what is so great about it?

As someone who is in no position to start a monthly subscription service, either Sendspace or Dropbox, I mostly use Sendspace when my dropbox gets disabled for too much traffic. Which happens pretty much every time I post a link.

No, I don't install download wizards, for exactly the reasons in post 6. It irritates me that so many sites are moving toward those. Especially since they are, in fact, riddled with malware. You didn't need all these wizards back in the days before Megaupload was destroyed.

But, really, all of these sharing services need to impose limitations on free users. Bandwidth and filespace are not free. Whether it's Sendspace throttling download speed, or Dropbox having space and traffic limits, they need some restrictions, else they'd immediately go into debt and close (see: the .com bubble).

Yeah, yeah, things are cheaper nowadays. That still doesn't make the pro version of everything, or cheap web hosting readily avail able to everyone who could use it. Chris's age leads me to doubt he has much financial autonomy, and I just plain don't have money to throw around without every little thing becoming a major expense. I'd totally sacrifice the $10/month for cheap hosting if I was making $16k/year. (FYI, that's extremely difficult for most people to live on. One of the advantages to not having a car or making loads of long-distance phonecalls, I guess.)

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arcadia via Audiogames-reflector