Re: you now can donate to me!

If he hosts clones, shame on him. If you don't, and if you don't know how to handle your security, then save your potential customers (and yourself) the hassle and just get a plan with a hosting provider, will ya? You'll probably pay no more than what you normally would on your vps. QS-Hosting's teamtalk server hosting capability is now public knowledge, and you can get it separate from a webhosting plan if you really want to. Though I'd go with their solid web-hosting myself, it doesn't get much better at the insanely reasonable pricing. Seriously. If you got ddos attacks but have been a long-time reputable service then the benefit of the doubt is in order, but sorry kid, the onus remains solely on you to remain secure. Use password hashing. Use an ssh key pair instead of a plain password. Get your non-root account sudo access as soon as you can, so that you can disable root login. And get youself a fido2/u2f key that can protect yourssh logins as well, because then no one can penetrate the server through the ssh protocol without having access to the physical key. And if your vps provider allows you to u2f your account I would, though with my solokey arriving in a day I have not yet had the means to check if the providers themselves allow you to u2f your account. I know Vultr allows single sign-on, so I would sure hope they'd have u2f support. I will definitely update this post with info on that as I find it, as I'll probably end up u2f-ing my ssh logins myself and by then I'll know for sure.
But I digress. The point is, either stay secure or let others do it for you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dennis via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dennis via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dennis via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john_weed via Audiogames-reflector