Re: soundStrider: Exploration game and relaxation tool

I just read that blog post Dark did and found it really interesting.
First I should apologize for the initial response.  As you said, the information in the first post could have been more complete, and maybe you personally don't feel that an apology is warranted but please humor me.
We are a community which is frustrated and starving for content, often bitter do to feeling left behind by the mainstream, and with a high percentage of members who have issues with anxiety or depression do to social and financial pressures.  We have tropes that most of our small library of successful games have followed since the beginning of our history, and the majority of our active posters are teens or young adults, many of  whom are isolated by circumstance   and had their social skills shaped by the confines of the blind internet community.
These aren't excuses, but they are reasons.  No one was outright hostile to you from what I saw, but by the same token, very few were very constructive or open minded in their feedback either, which is an unfortunately common occurrence on this forum these days.
Particularly knowing now how nervous you were about posting here, and how worried you had become over the lack of interest in other communities, I feel it appropriate to extend this apology on behalf of the community.

But moving on from that, I would like to thank you sincerely for being open to fixing things and sticking with it.  We have a handful of developers who like you, decided to really dig into the accessibility options and try out a screen reader for them selves, and much to the appreciation of the community, they have become great examples to others by doing so.
Maybe it shouldn't be surprising coming from someone in the academic field, but the speed at which you grasped the importance of a continual commitment to accessibility through periodic testing and fixing was still impressive to me.  Maybe it speaks to the unfortunate state of things within the development sphere that such a thing stood out to me, but regardless I want to show my appreciation for it.

Your community copy pool system is also quite generous, not to mention interesting from a conceptual point of view.  I'm lucky enough that I don't need to take advantage of it my self, but I've been on the other side of the fence several times in my life and can tell you how much that would mean to me.