Re: Monthly Chat July 2020!

Wow, I think this is the first month I'm so late posting in one of these topics.

@Mastodont, congrats on the new arrival, and I hope Lady Mastodont is okay, ----w well not lady mastodont, not that I'm implying that she's in any way elephantine, but either way I hope both she and your little girl are alright, and that you do indeed get some sleep at some point big_smile.

@Mirage, sorry to hear about the illness, especially now, hope the antibiotics work.

@Jayjay, wow the riots over here have been a bit nuts in some places, but that sounds positively crazy! what I'm concerned with over here is that as things open up, people aren't exactly being careful with lockdown, that combined with people going on protests doesn't sound good for social distancing. I really hope we're not going to see a second spate of infections from this, but I am worried we are.

so again, it's still lockdown time over here, with me continuing game of thrones, as well as working on a pretty major fantasy/fairy tale novella. I've started contacting author's agents, but no luck so far, actually it's quite irritating that so many agents and people in the publishing industry are specifying "voices of minorities", and then don't consider blind people to be one.

Indeed, at one time I did have a plan to write a weekly column for tor.com, but they don't even reply, I suspect because I have a y chromosome, given how  stupidly partisan so many of the columns posted on their website are, and how outright hate filled some of the stuff posted there has been.

I have looked at self publishing, but you need to be far better at self-promotion and have a more major online social media presence than I have to make that work, especially if you want to break in to actual publishing, so finding an agent is a good idea, that and continuing writing, obviously.

Gaming wise, I've checked out a few things like Lioden, and home quest on ios, plus a bit of slay the spire, I'd also like to get back to Erion, and perhaps play some of the cog/hg titles, though at the moment writing is definitely coming first.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector