hiding an element from an included page?

hi,
If I include an HTML webpage within another using jquery's get method, would it be possible to hide an element from the included page?
In my case, I have included nav.html in my index html and a few other pages. I want to hide the link of the page which is currently open from the navigation menu. Can I do that if I have used jquery to include the navigation page? If not, is there a more flexible way to include my nav.html?
Thanks.