Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

I couldn't agree more with the last post. It sucks we've gotten to the point where we have to, at least on some level, tell people what to do with their bodies, but guess what, it should have been fucking common sense to wear a mask in public indoor places 4 months ago. Just like how it was drilled into our heads that we need to be washing our hands? I still shake my head at that. Basic hygiene was always important, the fact that it took a pandemic to make people wake up and smell the coffee is beyond sad. In fact, it was one of the reasons I didn't take the virus seriously at first, because I was kind of rolling my eyes and going, "seriously? People in the 21st century aren't aware that they should be hygienic?" On the other hand, you can be incredibly clean and diligent and still catch it. I know this from experience. Still though, if you were the sort of person who would touch a railing on a New York subway, and then go snarf down a hot dog without washing your hands, I suppose there's no hope of getting through to you, pandemic or no pandemic. Not saying I've seen anyone like that on this thread, but it must be a thing if it had to be stressed so. fucking. much.