Re: potentially accessible ios game, untold rpg

Hey, and welcome!.

I'll try to address each of your inquiries, so here goes:

1: As someone who experienced both  voice over and talkback before, I think that the major differences are the jestures. However, they both use swipes to navigate and double taps to select an option. Voth have means by which to navigate special page landmarks such as headings, buttons, combo boxes, links, and I think voiceocer may have one or 2 more that I haven't mentioned here. As for what they can read, I'd say they're equal.

2: From what I've played, I think that it can indeed be made playable for a totally blind individual. As one myself, all I need are labeled buttons and tabs, possible headings for quick section navigation on screens with a lot of text. I think individuals with limited vision would appreciate the ability to adjust font size, background, text color, maybe I'm missing a few things. I think that it's safe to assume that everyone here regardless whether they have limited vision or none at all uses a screen reader specific to their phone, so getting it to work with the game should suffice for both groups of individuals.

3: I like your idea of adding helpful descriptions to the headlines. I agree that it's easy to understand without having them, but knowing that these are objectives helps to affirm our goals, so yeah. As long as we aren't restricted in terms of time to read story text, quest and journal entries, having them is helpful. If you could stick heading indicators for different sections like quests, quest descriptions, and objectives, that would be very helpful for quickly navigating through text we may have already read through before.

4: Since the combat happens in real time, the more information you can crammed into the least amount of words, the better. Less verbosity means less to listen to, and more room for more messages to come in. For example, if a button is already labeled with the specific attack, it would be enough for me to hear the game say "miss!", or "hit/critical hit for x damage". I think having sound indicators would be helpful, and some players prefer it this way. Such sounds as when you hit or miss an enemy, when they hit or miss you, when your health is low, or when an enemy dies, all of these would be helpful to have in a real time combat situation. In the combat screen, having the buttons properly labeled would also help, and dimming buttons for unusable abilities will do.

5: Yes, having a list of locations would be helpful. An alternative, or addition so that someone can visualize a mental map for themselves is to add cardinal directions to that list, such as east to the forest, or southwest to the lake,.

6: Having the Having the new narrative text selected by default would definitely be helpful. If you could somehow to get voice over and talkback to read that new text automatically, that would also be helpful,.

Hope this answers your questions. If I brought up more issues worth addressing, let us know. I'm very much looking forward to playing. Thank you so much for working to make this accessible. Thumbs up from me.