Re: Css: Usecases for Css Flexbox and Grid.

to be clear, having a sensible visual layout ismandatory when you are making any web page that is also intended to be used by sighted people. Lack of good layout makes the page inaccessible to sighted people the same way lack of headings, landmarks, and accessible labels makes a page inaccessible to VI people.

I think at some point it will be useful for you to sit down with a sighted person that has the patience to explain it to you as it is really important for any GUI design.

Once you learn the basic concepts, there are some sensible defaults you can start doing for your GUIs which might not make them masterpieces, but at at least they will not be so painful to look at that sighted people will outright refuse to use your app.

honestly, I dont think it is that super hard to explain or understand. I do say this as a person that was fully sighted until age 19, but still think this is one of those things that isnt too bad since it is 2d.

imagine a piece of paper. this is the screen and a sighted person can sense the objects on this piece of aper the same we can when we physically touch it with our hands an d fel it, but they can do this at a distance. So imagine the various buttons, text, links, graphics etc are variously shaped rectangles on the paper.

In order to be able to understand what is on the paper, there needs to be sensible spacing between the different objects, otherwise it is hard to tell where one thing ends and another begins. Next things need to be layed out so there isnt too much blank space as this is just a waste.

another tip is that related content is easier to relate to one another when it is layed out in rows or columns. either row or column is fine. mostly will depend on fitting things toghether in such a way to utilize blank space well.

There are many other basic concepts about visual design that might be first hard to understand, but still with patience you can learn them and apply them. things like colour and contrast, siing and so on.

best thing is this concepts are universal, so they apply as much to a web page design as to designing a powerpoint presentation, or a poster, and so on.