Re: i'm getting a new computer soon, how to move my data to it

If you'll be sending a lot of data, you may want to either consider connecting both computers to your network using Ethernet cables, or connecting the two computers together directly using an Ethernet crossover cable. Wi-Fi is going to majorly slow down the transfer speed, hence why I suggest using cables if at all possible. I haven't connected two computers directly, so I'm not entirely sure how that would work, but I imagine the process would be about the same, since all you're doing is creating a network that's exclusively between machine A and B.