Re: youtube live chat?

Just did a proof of concept on this on a random live stream of some randomer playing fortnight. I was able to get it reading out all the live chat messages, with the minor caveat that it would also read out the phrase "comment actions", which I'm guessing is a link or something that appears after people's messages.

To do it takes some familiarity with the developer tools though, and unfortunately I can't just give you some _javascript_ to do this as I'd intended, since for some reason getting hold of the chat messages box using _javascript_ returns null, somehow it's prevented from working. Unless I'm doing something wrong

But to do it in Firefox, you can right click/applications key on the messages area, prefereably if there are messages already in it, then go to inspect element. then, you'll be in a tree structure. you'll want to go up (as in left arrow), until you get to a div with the ID of items. I then right clicked that, went into the attributes submenu, then add, then put in the text role="log" and hit enter. From that point, the messages were read out to me.

Not as pretty as I'd have liked, apologies I can't give you anything better