Re: Migrated Godot accessibility to GitHub

@39 I don't know why you're having these issues.

If I change the ext_resource line referencing Main.gd to Main.cs in Main.tscn, then save the following in scenes/Main.cs and add scenes\Main.cs to the .csproj:

using Godot;
using System;

public class Main : Node
{

    public override void _Ready()
    {
        var tts = (Godot.Object)GetNode("/root/TTS");
        tts.Call("speak", "Hello, world.");
    }

}

I've essentially ported the accessible starter to C#. You're right in that there are deeper issues at play here, but they aren't due to some interaction with either godot-tts/godot-accessibility and Mono.

I've decided to abandon my efforts to port TTS.gd to C# for now for a few reasons, so for now use the above pattern to call GDScript code. Maybe you can work around this with an interface declaring default members, though it looks like that only works in C# 8 or greater, and because Godot uses Mono, I think you're limited to 7.X. I think .net 5 supposedly merges Mono and Core, which Godot plans to switch to, but that isn't out yet.

In summary, the C# tooling has come a long way, but isn't 100% yet. I'm probably not investing any more time in integrating it more fully right now. But you can still use it with GDScript, so I can still use RogueSharp to generate tilemaps, then consume them in GDScript.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alisson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alisson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector