Re: Thoughts on Best Bone Conducting Headphones

Hi there,
@1: I have Aftershogz Tregz air. They're not great just outside, but I use them also at home as my default headphones. Very flexible and light-weight connection, wireless connectivity, built-in microphone and bone conduction are simply great, even though the price is bit higher than in case of standard headsets, I would definitely pay the price again, if I had to decide whether to buy these or classical headphones.
I myself find the audio quality very good, I listen primarily for epic music (Two Steps from Hell for example), which is very rich in usage of various musical instruments. There are compositions consisting primarily of violin (Unleashed, High C), more wide orchestra (Cannon in D minor), rhythm (None shall live), and various crossgenres such as Thomas Bergersen's mix of pirate music, rock and some say celtic music (Impossible), dubchestral (Angels among demons, Evolution, from Instrumental Core), hibrid electro such as compositions from Music Junkies (Brutal revolution, Exxidus) or Epic Score (Tower Fall).
These are of course just few styles examples, there are many many more. The goal wasn't describing the whole field of epic music, but rather giving an idea about variety of things I listen on my Tregz air.
And i didn't find any audio problems, the sound is just fantastic.

If you want to hear richer sound than by default, there is a trick to do so. All you need to do is to clog up your ears with your fingers. Not cover them with palms, but actually put your index fingers into your ear holes. You don't need to push the whole fingers there, the point is to completely close the sound channel as tightly as possible, it doesn't matter how deep will it be done.
When you do it, an interesting acoustic effect appears, when sound waves moving out of your ear through the channel will bounce from your finger and return back to your ear through the same way. That creates a reverb like effect, which will not just intensify the sound, but also create a very specific feeling, like you had a concert hall in your head.
This is a very interesting feeling, I don't know about any other conditions which would lead in sensing sound in this way, it is unique for bone conduction headphones from my experience.
if you miss low frequencies in bc headphones, this way of listening could be even better for you, as they are catched in the space as well.

Aftershogz even provides ear plugs for this, although I feel like the sound was somewhat better, when i use just fingers.
There is even an equalization mode for listening with clogged ears, although I don't hear a big difference from the standardone.

Anyway, Tregz air are definitely my favourite headphones, for work as well as music.

Best regards

Rastislav

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : falcon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector