Re: Blizzard working on accessibility of battle.net & looking for feedback

Yeah I tried this.
I sent a report.
So basically there are not that many issues with the current client.
Even the stable client.
Comboboxes called spinnable controls and forms are labeled and do read.
However they are not tracked, no reading back your data, no deleting your data with backspace you need to get it right first time.
Forms to enter security codes are not labeled, and some checkboxes in settings are not accessible.
The install and uninstall can be ocrd and thhis does work but you have to doodle about a little.
I was able to submit and register an account, view the shop and games lists.
I was able to tab about and read things.
For a first beta, if they fix the installer and the forms and boxes right, minor elements, that would be fine.
If they just used standard install and uninstallers without any custom elements at all for their clients then they would be done with the client.
As a launcher without anything in it its not that bad at all.
By itself this aint much but it has potential, certainly if they put a week or 2 on this, and fixed the forms and checkboxes and labeled everything and fixed the tracking issues, and the installer, then maybe a week or 2 or less and we would have a client that works its basically finnished.
As it stands its accessible enough to log in and play games with.
Not to chat but this is a beta after all.
There isn't much needing to be done  and as a first time it works almost seemlessly.
It would be nice if valve actually gave a damn about its customers to.
The installer again does work and with a little jerking about the client does sort of work but not what I would call usable.
I could actually get used to using battle.net and be happy with it.
Thats not what I usually say for a first effort.
Its rare that I get presented with an almost completed project.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aloy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector