King of Dragon Pass help

Hi all,
I'm getting into this game again, as it's been a while since I have seriously put time into it. What I want to know is the best way to get my clan up to King reputation? I forgot what rep level you have to be at for a tribe, but I did The Making of the Storm Tribe hero quest and got the blessing for a tribe, although that doesn't help much if the rep isn't there. I remember I did the quest once and it boosted both my reputation a ton and the profit came soon afterwards. Do I have to make more alliances to make my rep go up? Having trouble with trade routes as well, my goods are running low.