Re: Jenux OS, The "Next Jen!"

@339 That's just silly. First of all, I don't have a grudge against Nash. I don't necessarily agree with everything he does, but we can talk. Maybe it turns into a debate and maybe it gets a little heated at times, but I don't have anything against him as a person.

Secondly, this is the third machine I've tried it on. My old Asus laptop - now dead, my even older asus laptop - still alive but much unused, and my Asus desktop - new and very much alive. So unless this thing really just hates Asus hardware, I don't know what to say. With the i5 laptop, the one recently trashed, I've ran it in a VM, with the i3 laptop, I've run it on bare metal, and on this desktop, it's been run on a VM. Now put on top of that the testing that ethin's done and your case is starting to look a little weak.

As for fixing it, that is very much beyond my ability. Especially since it seems to use a lot of bash scripting, which I am merely a beginner at.

It's short-sighted to blame us or our machines when the root cause of the problem is that there is very little to no error checking going on. How many programs will run successfully with out error checking. Even if the user input is all as expected, something else could crop up. Imagine your operating system had no error checking and as soon as anything happened, it just crashed.

If these things were actually dealt with, I would have no problem speaking better of the project. After all, it does have merit; but how am supposed to recommend it to others in good conscience when it won't even install on three machines. It also left my i3 laptop unbootable.

So if you want to go on thinking it's just Ethin and I having some sort of grudge against Nash, that's fine and you're of course more than welcome to do so. All I will say in that case is have fun living in your blue pill world.