android phone recommendations

I am finally doing it, I am letting my iPhone go, and getting a droid. I have used droid phones in the past and I hated tts on it, it was clunky, a lot of times unresponsive, and would get stuck on a screen or spot, so what are the best droid phones out there that work outstanding with tts? I would like it to run as smooth if not better than voice over on the iPhone, price does not matter seeing that I will be getting the phone through a phone carrier