Re: Audo, endless racing game

Wow this is a cool game! My max velocity is just under 17000, so I still have some work to do if I'm to catch up to key smile.. Admittedly it takes a while to build up, but I like how the difficulty slowly increases. If it hadn't been for all the tips on this thread though, I surely would not have gotten it, so thank you all for giving tips on how to find the center of the track.

Also I agree that the sound design is a nice mix between futuristic and retro. I didn't think I'd like the binaural cues on synthy sounds like this, but... maybe I'm easily impressed but I do think it works.

In the end, what killed me was not knowing that opponents could be off center. I went into it thinking tht everything was in the center but off center was totally safe, but I guess I'm wrong. That definitely increases the challenge, as by the time I realized this, I was going a bit too fast for my reflexes to kick in and dodge them. Also I'm still getting used to the steering/drifting mechanics. It's not an instant drift, so you have to anticipate where you're going to be ahead of time.

Am I the only one who sort of feels like this could also be a throwback to atari2600 games?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector