Re: Some sci-fi game

As mentioned, Code 7 is a pretty good option if you enjoy story-driven science fiction games. It is a hacking text adventure (though with fully voice-acted dialog, music and some sound effects) set in 2113. You can buy it on Steam or itch.io, and in both cases, you can first play Episode 0 for free.

Sequence Storm, which you can buy on Steam and itch.io as well, is a rhythm racing game, in a futuristic world where people race with their minds. Not as story-heavy as Code 7, if I recall correctly, but there is some. I haven't bought it myself, as I suck at rhythm games, but from the streams I've watched, it seems people are enjoying it.

If you are a fan of reading, stories with choices might also count as games. If so, you could look at the featured SciFi games on ChooseYourStory.com; I especially recommend Ground Zero, a story of a man's battle for survival after the bombs hit.

Alien Outback, Judgement Day, World of War, and other space invaders games don't have much story to speak of, but shooting at space ships is science fiction-ish, right?

And then there are the many SciFi MUDs which #2 mentioned and I will not advertise as I am not particularly familiar with them.