Re: The Synthizer Thread

@149
Turn on stereo panning with panner_strategy. This will be the default in future.  I'll check the math for panning scalar with HRTF with that, because it also sounds like that might be wrong.

I'm not going to support weird panning cases.  You have 3 choices.  Use Source3D, which is and will always be something that's in alignment with real-world physics, don't use Source3D and control it yourself through azimuth/elevation and gain to write your own 3D coordinate conversion, or use panning scalar and shape the curve however you want to shape it.  As soon as I start down the path of weird panning settings like this, everyone's going to want their own variation on it.  But the tools are there to let you build weird variations of your own if you really want to.

I imagine people trying to build i.e. sidescrollers will turn off HRTF and use panning scalar and gain themselves to do this however, if that's of any help.  HRTF is nearly useless for that use case as it is.  Alternatively, you can position the listener as (0, 0, 5) and change the orientation vector to (0, 0, -1, 0, 1, 0) to pull the listener back out of the level and set things up so that positive x is right and positive y is up.