Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

Yeah, so, w.r.t. filling things in, I will never forget the day I realized I was having accurate hallucinatory vision, and wasn't actually seeing things anymore, only to mention this to another trusted blind friend and have them go "Yeah, me too".  Apparently if you have enough vision and lose it in your 20s, you can kind of end up crosswired so that the knowledge of your local environment links up to what you "should" be seeing.  Obviously it's not accurate if the environment changes--at least, not until the changes are accounted for and incorporated into the model--but I still operate off it all the time, and it kind of can't be turned off even though I've noticed it.

And despite this being a common enough experience that I've known a few people who've done it, no one ever talks about it.