Re: Monthly Chat - August, 2020

@afrim, hope you do okay, it's worrying to hear someone's got it.
@Aaron, I'm a little jealous of those theatre workshops, given there's bugger all in terms of performing arts for blind people on mainland britain, something that really irritates my lady.
Finding an agent is not exactly easy, especially trying to find one these days who doesn't specify women only or "minorities", which apparently does not count blind people, but it's I think the only way of actually getting my work published, since online publishing takes waaaay more online promotional skills than I have, I'm just a guy who writes things big_smile.

Still working on my novella though and I have a number of other things finished, so perhaps the eventual plan is a short story collection, or getting my stories published in anthologies, but I'll need to find a professional agent first.

At the moment though as I said, things aren't easy due to Mrs. Dark not being well, us worrying it might or might not be cancer, and the knock on effect of continuing lockdown, actually to say that this is the point in the year when we usually would be preparing for international music summer school which hasn't happened now for several years, summer is not an easy time anyway.

On the plus side, season 4 of game of thrones is really good! I don't remember it being this good, but then again there was a bit of a gap between me watching seasons 1-3 and season 4 the first time when I watched it in thirteen.
Unfortunately, finishing season 4 also means I'll be on to the season when they finally run out of books, which i think happens somewhere in season 5, which I'm not looking forward to, since I've heard a lot of none specific doom and gloom about the conclusion of the series, though I've asiduously been avoiding any concrete information for fear of spoilers.

Gaming wise though, things have picked up a bit, and shadowrine is proving fun, I definitely want to finish the game this time, even if sometimes the translated dialogue can get a bit floofy on occasion.

Oh, and books wise we're continuing with dooma key, which I'll likely be reviewing soon.
Actually I've dashed off a few reviews recently as well as This article, which is a fomral explanation of my issues with the concept of superheroes and which people might find interesting.

Hope everyone else is having a slightly better time than we are right now.