Re: Is it possible for me to speak with someone's else voice?

Moderation:
Smoothgunner, please do not under any circumstances make posts that look on the surface like a moderator or administrator trying to do their job. I know you're trying to be funny and all, but this can be confusing to some folks, and quite outside of that, it's not a good idea to pretend to hold a position you don't, not in such a case as this. Given that there had as yet been no action taken in this thread - I didn't even see it till twenty minutes ago - it can even be construed as you trying to tell us how to do our job. This again may not have been your intent, so I'm just going to issue an official caution. You aren't actually in trouble. It's totally fine to ask if a thread is going to be locked or if punishment is going to be brought against someone, but making a post to suggest that this is happening is something we would prefer that nobody without the requisite authority actually do.

On this subject, by the way, here's the deal as I see it:
Nothing stops a person from pranking a friend with this technology, except that it would mean illegal use of the software in question. If you want to do that in your own way and in your own time, we can't stop you; if you talk about the exact steps on how to do it here, however, that's going to fall into enabling users to impersonate others - ironic, considering how this post started - and that's potentially troublesome.
My general rule of thumb is that there may be some edge cases where doing this is funny or harmless, but there's also a ton of use cases with a much more malevolent slant. I would prefer that we not enable people to misuse this technology. Do any of you remember how a prior user recorded a person's voice without their permission and was then asking how to get in touch with that person? Kinda creepy, right? This is sort of under the same umbrella.