Re: Paid Columbia Research Study: Navigating in Games Using Sound

Hi everyone. Thank you all for your interest. To address all of your questions and concerns:

@brad: Thank you so much for your interest in the study. Unfortunately, this study requires a game controller, specifically we make extensive use of the analog sticks and, thus, cannot use a keyboard and mouse. However, we appreciate your interest, and we'll definitely post again here for future studies.

@Trajectory: This study is open to everyone, including people outside of the United States. The only difference is that we cannot purchase controllers for international participants. I realize that the wording in the original post is a bit unclear, so I've edited it slightly to make it clearer.

@Blind angel 444: We will be doing this study for the next two weeks, so please sign up if you are able and interested! We will definitely also keep everyone here updated about future opportunities.

@CAE_Jones: Thank you for your interest. @Liam is correct in that we prefer a somewhat current controller with X-Input compatibility. Any controller that works with modern games should work. Unfortunately, a PS1 controller will not work because it lacks analog sticks, and we make extensive use of the sticks for this study. However, we will definitely post here for future opportunities.

@crashmaster: Thank you so much for signing up. We're actually holding this study right now and have time slots open for the next two weeks. Regarding international participants, we should be able to compensate you, but it will be with a gift card and not with a controller. We are only able to buy controllers for participants in the United States.